Thursday, July 23, 2009

Afternoon News Report

Hello, and welcome to the Afternoon News Report with Niki *random music*.

Today was an experience of fun, adventure, and LairI scaring the crap out of S.T.I.R.N. and I in the exibit. Also, S.T.I.R.N. almost destroying Alibug's heels and toes.

At around 8:15 this morning, the first years left for the approximately 30 minute trip to The University of Oklahoma in Norman, Oklahoma. Our first stop was the largest library on campus. This library is the main research library on the OU campus. It is home to The Great Reading Room, which is one of the most beautiful and amazing rooms i've ever seen. Then, we strolled into the portion of the library that stored most of the books. In the old days, people who worked in the rooms would get a call order and would send the book down through the book elevator. Students didn't used to be able to go into those particular parts of the library. :(.

Then off to the weather center we went. I'm really not that in to science and things, so I almost fell asleep and didn't get really anything the lady said. :D.

At the Sam Noble Museum, we individually, yet with a partner, cruised through the exibits, until LairI came up behind S.T.I.R.N. and I and scared us to death. S.T.I.R.N. and I both ended up on the floor laughing our heads off. *looks off into the distance* Good times, good times. *Back to earth* Thank you and join me next time on The Afternoon News Report with Niki. *Exiting music*. Goodbye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment